Finally, your childhood dream car is sitting in your garage and is officially yours. Time to show it off to the world, right? Well, not exactly. After picking up a classic car, it tends to need a little bit of care for the present and consistent care for the future.
To lend a hand, here are five easy classic car tips:
- Consistently Clean
- Before you take it out, taking it in for a good, strong, handwash is a must. But that's not the only time to take it for a wash. To maintain the perfect look, washing it and keeping it as close as possible will keep salt, grime and other impurities from becoming permanent throughout the exterior.
- After handwashing your classic ride, it's time to really give it a shine to show off that custom paint job. And waxing is the best way to really make the paint pop. Done about once every six months should do the trick as well as chrome polish on the chrome trim throughout.
- Protect the Interior
- Wash and wax has the exterior shining but that's only half of the battle. When riding around town, showing off the interior to friends, on-lookers and passangers is just as important. That's why protecting the leather and vinyl from sun damage and stains is vital. Simple leather creams, vinyl cleaners and UV blockers can help here.
- Oil Changes
- Having a good looking car is good for anyone looking at it while it's parked but the ride and engine is what really turns heads. With regular oil changes and other fluid changes, your engine should remain in peak condition.
- Pump the Breaks
- Pulling up to a red light with a beautiful car and loud engine will get people looking. But once the breaks squeel, it may receive more laughs than oohs and ahhs. That's why it's important to maintain the breaks and pump them whenever possible to keep them as smooth as possible.
Whether you just picked up a new classic ride or have had one in your garage for years now, taking care of it with these five classic car cares tips. If you have any questions about classic cars or classic hot rods, contact the experts at Vangaurd Motor Sales today!